TunedOut
Grand Poohbah

TunedOut has no updates.

3 yr Member
6,983 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 19, 2021 at 04:12 AM

Cats need to eat too! They keep dangerous pests away. We now have five and were lucky that our community has a low cost (it was free for a while) program that spays/neuters cats and gives them their rabies shots. We bring most of them in at night because there are a lot of "critters" in our neighborhood that come out at night (the "critters we worry about most are the racoons but did you know that opossums are very unlikely to ever have rabies? The Helpful Opossum | Wildlife Medical Clinic at Illinois We have a lot of those around too! I find them adorable when I see them walking around at night. For me, this is one of those creatures that shows that God had a good sense of humor when he created the universe. So long as the cat population in the neighborhood is stable (that we don't have feral cats having multiple babies), IMO cats wonderful creatures that everyone should appreciate! We are fortunate that at least two of our neighbors, love our cats--one elderly gentleman is trying to get one of them to "adopt" him--I said, something like "go for it". (The cats will ultimately choose where they want to be --the more love they have, the better. ) Another teenage girl brings at least one of our cats into their house to pet her (this cat loves pets from everybody). When we had a dog, cats never came around and I notice that they avoid houses that have dogs. Maybe your crotchety neighbors should adopt a dog!!

I am sorry about your struggles. There are people in this world who don't understand what others have been through! (I am not saying I understand it all because I am not in your shoes but I do understand that we can have issues that are not "seen" on the outside that affect our ability to work.) And even if you could work, some find it hard to get a job--the unemployment rate in this country is quite high. Just keep doing the best you can. Do you have some sort of healthcare so that you could talk to a doctor about your incontinence, eye issue, etc--it sounds like you need to get help with this so that you can do basic things (like taking walks) for your overall health. And you deserve credit for taking care of your cats--their situation might be much worse without you--in many communities, animals that are "turned in" are at risk of being euthanized.

Last edited by TunedOut; Feb 19, 2021 at 05:17 AM..
TunedOut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote