SlumberKitty
Legendary Wise Elder

SlumberKitty is staying stable.

5 yr Member
117.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 19, 2021 at 10:44 AM

Hello there. So sorry that self harm is rearing it's ugly head again. Great job on not self harming for a couple of years! That's awesome. You must have some coping skills tucked away to be able to do that. I'm still working on it but I have a year + free so something is working. Sometimes it's just white knuckling my way through though. You didn't mention, do you have a therapist? Someone that you can talk to about what is going on inside of your head? It might be that the COVID stuff is just getting to you. Too much isolation. Too much sameness. It's hard to not isolate right now with the state of the world. Can you help out at a charity? I help out once a month at a food distribution. It isn't much but it connects me with people that I like and I feel like I am doing something good. How do you overcome the urges? That's a great question. One I have to ask myself every day. Sometimes it is okay to just white knuckle it if you have to. Maybe just commit to a day at a time of not self harming. Like today, February 19, 2021 I will not self harm. Do others know you had this in your past? Would anyone be willing to be your accountability partner? Like someone you could go to when your struggling and they could give you a few positive words and in response you choose to not self harm? I don't know if any of this is helpful. It's just what I am thinking off the top of my head. Have a wonderful day too! HUGS Kit

Hugs from:
BlossomingLen

Thanks for this!
BlossomingLen