View Single Post
SlumberKitty
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jul 2018
117.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 19, 2021 at 03:36 PM

So far I like it. It's based on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (which ordinarily I cannot stand) but it works well for weight loss. They send you a few articles a day to read (takes less than 15 minutes) and sometimes a quiz. The main thing is that you have to log your food intake. It gets categorized into green, yellow, or red. No food is off limits, which I like. The more green food that you eat the better but it all counts towards your daily calorie limit. Initially my limit was set at 1200 to 1430 I was like, I'm starving. This is not working for me. Luckily you get a goals coach and I explained to her that it wasn't working for me to have such a little intake of food and that I am on antipsychotic medication which interferes with the sensation of feeling full anyway. So we revised my goal to 1500-1600 calories a day, which is totally doable. I just haven't found a lot of foods that I can easily take to lunch that fit these categories. So I have been bringing a tuna sandwich and an orange every day. This is my 6th day on the program and so far I have lost
Possible trigger:
so I am super excited about that. Later you get put into a group and you get a group coach. I don't really know what that is about since I haven't reached that part of the program yet. You talk to your goals coach once a week through the app, but if you have questions you are welcome to send them anytime. I don't know how often the group thing is. It is kind of expensive $199 per year but that's less than $20 a month so I figure I blow that easy on other stuff anyway. Stupider stuff. So, thus far I like it. I like that I am losing weight. Oh there is also a step tracker and goal thing too. It started really low, mine was set at 2000 and every day that I meet my step goal they add another 300 steps to it. I'm an accountant and don't get a lot of walking in at work so I have to walk after work to get steps in. And there is a place to log blood pressure, glucose if needed, and other exercise besides walking. Anyway so far so good.

Hugs from:
Anonymous41462, RoxanneToto, unaluna

Thanks for this!
unaluna, WovenGalaxy