View Single Post
RoxanneToto
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Aug 2020
6,991 hugs
given
Default Feb 20, 2021 at 03:48 PM

Hoping this is the appropriate forum to ask, but has anyone here been misdiagnosed with autism, or even vice versa? I was told about 10 years ago that I had been diagnosed with high functioning autism at 17, but after last session with current T have been doubting this even more (sometimes I think I probably am, it is a spectrum after all, but there’s a lot of room for doubt!).
Even she had agreed with previous diagnosis initially, though reneged on it on Wednesday after I asked about the difference between concrete and abstract concepts (specifically in relation to autism, since apparently people on the spectrum can have issues with abstract concepts. I understand both, though might have some trouble defining which category something might belong in if given a list of things to sort, if that makes sense?).
I know autism and trauma can, and often do, overlap also. Logically I know at the end of the day it probably doesn’t matter, but now I just have this strong desire to know definitively, which is probably impossible to know, knowing my luck
RoxanneToto is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote