View Single Post
SarahSweden
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2014
219 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 21, 2021 at 03:31 PM

Thanks, I agree with you but I don't see this counselor for therapy but for "supportive chats". She usually shares a lot and I try to go along with that even if I don't like it that much. As she chooses to share I assume she also wants to interact in a more friendly manner and that includes answering to how she feels.

I think there's too much of boundary blurring from her and she can't handle that properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha1too View Post
My therapist shares some aspects of her life with me, but generally keeps her own struggles to herself. Unloading on a client isn't very professional, in my opinion. I understand the fact that you were trying to be sensitive to your counselor's needs, but perhaps she/he was trying to protect you by changing the subject. I hope you can change your outlook about her/his approach as demonstrating a lack of appreciation. It's not really fair to you, or to the theraputic process. Showing empathy is extremely healthy, in my opinion, but the therapy workspace is different than the real world in many ways.
SarahSweden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
buddha1too, RoxanneToto

Thanks for this!
buddha1too