Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Skeezyks has no updates.

8 yr Member
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Feb 21, 2021 at 04:25 PM

Hello peemybed: I see this is your first post here on MSF. Welcome to the forums.

You asked if you should seek help for your diaper obsession and incontinence desire. This is, to my mind, actually a more complicated question than it might at first appear to be.

The first thing I might mention is that most people in the ABDL (Adult Baby / Diaper Lover) community consider diapers to be simply another variety of underwear. Some people consider diaper wearing (when one is not physiologically incontinent) to be a fetish. Some do not. Each individual has their own perspective regarding why they wear diapers and what doing so does for them. But, either way, being a diaper lover does not seem to be something that benefits from therapy. (At least that's my impression.)

On the other hand, if having a diaper obsession, & wanting incontinence, is something that is distressing for you, if it causes you to feel guilt and shame, then some time spent with a mental health therapist might be beneficial for that. But I think you'd want to be sure the therapist you saw was one who had had some experience working with people from the ABDL community or was at least open to the idea. (Therapists can have their own prejudices just like anyone else.)

I don't know, of course, if you're active on (or have lurked on) any ABDL forum websites. Personally I always feel that when a person is struggling with something that is "outside of the mainstream", so to speak, it's important to be in touch with others who have similar concerns even if it's just on-line. So, just in case you're not familiar with it, here's a link to one ABDL forum website. Assuming you're not already a member, you wouldn't have to join if you didn't want to. Simply reading through various posts in the forums over a period of time might help you to gain additional perspective regarding your concerns:

ADISC.org - The AB/DL/IC Support Community

Anyway... these are my thoughts with regard to your post. I hope you find being here on the forums to be of benefit.
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, Mountaindewed, peemybed