Poohbah

Member Since May 2014
1,217 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 22, 2021 at 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TishaBuv View Post
Commercials depict someone surprises the family with a car in the driveway with a big bow on it and they are all delighted. You had discussed your intent to purchase the truck. It sounds like your h didn’t like the surprise that you did it without him. It came from his sense of lack of control. Maybe he worried you hadn’t gotten a good deal or something to that effect. Tbh, my h would have freaked out too. Sexist, I know.

It would have been nice if it had been that Hallmark moment where they saw the truck and were happy. Yeah, it was about control. You really didn’t do anything wrong. It’s just that your h isn’t the type of person who reacted the way you had hoped.

Enjoy the truck and try to get past the moment that didn’t fly. Is he glad you got the truck overall?
He has no issue with the truck. I have bought many vehicles on my own. He has his work truck and I have the 'family' car, so to speak, so I'm the one who makes that decision, usually. I needed a truck because I take care of my elderly father.

His issue with me is when the lump sum from disability arrived in my bank account - I keep a separate account for the disability checks. I pay my medical bills out of it - I didn't inform him that it arrived.

You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. ~ Robin Williams

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage? ~ Pink Floyd
Werewoman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Open Eyes, RoxanneToto

Thanks for this!
Open Eyes