Whereto52
Whereto52 has no updates.

3 yr Member
34 hugs
given
Default Feb 22, 2021 at 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeezyks View Post
Thanks for sharing your concerns. I'm afraid I don't have much of anything to offer in the way of advice or solutions, although I certainly can relate to what you wrote. (In my case, it has driven me to become an almost total recluse.) In my case, however, I think I pretty-much know what the basis for my own social anxiety is... or at least I think I do.

The only suggestion I would have for dealing with the social anxiety you experience would be to perhaps become involved with some club or organization that would help you learn to speak more freely. (Of course the current pandemic situation makes this a challenge at present.) In the U.S. there used to be (I assume there still is) one organization called: "Toastmasters" where members develop public speaking skills. Perhaps something such as that might be beneficial if such a thing exists where you live? I don't know. It's just a thought. My best wishes to you though.

I heard about that organization too. There is something similar to it in my country as well but it s more about holding speeches and talking in front of people.
Though I am not sure if that is what they are all about.

Yeah, my social life is also crumbling and my circle of friends is slowly deminshing.
It would be easier to not have freinds at all because than 80% of the stress or anxiety would be gone. But it gets lonely.

Thanks for the advice though and I hope that your situation will improve!
Whereto52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote