Whereto52
Whereto52 has no updates.

3 yr Member
34 hugs
given
Default Feb 22, 2021 at 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkray View Post
I wish I could help with that. I知 a longtime people pleaser because it痴 how I learned to avoid conflict growing up with emotional abuse. It really sucks. I feel like I need to censor myself, but I also overshare about certain things, too. I致e found people often take advantage of these qualities. While I used to feel free to share some things I知 interested in or excited about, now I知 afraid to talk to anyone at all. I知 worried that I値l let people into my life who just want to use me or hurt me in some way. When I was younger and naive to this possibility, I was much more trustful of most people. I think the key to opening up and just being yourself is to truly value who you are and stop worrying what others think. I wish that were as easy as it sounds. Not really sure how to get there at this point. I know it helps to have healthy boundaries that are neither too weak or too strong.
Yeah, I know what you mean. There are a lot of people out there who just manipulate and hurt.
It is wierd how many seem to have made similar experiences. It is hard to find that trust again.

Boundaries are tricky. Or expressing them. It always feels for me like I am being to sensitive or pushy. And when is it too compliant or when is it to much?
I find that really hard to distinguish

Wish you all the best and thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Whereto52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
jkray