View Single Post
twaf0908
Newly Joined

Member Since Feb 2021
Trig Feb 22, 2021 at 10:09 PM

Hello all, I appreciate everyone's thoughts and responses in advance.

I'll be as short as I can here while trying to remain thorough.

I worked with this girl who I have known for about a year and a half. She was in a relationship, which I knew about, but the man was in prison. He had been for several years.

This man is the father of her two children. She and I began getting close and I eventually revealed my feelings towards her. That led to us talking much more often and hanging out together, which eventually led to sex. We no longer work together.

We became extremely close, but toward the end of the year, he was released from prison. He came home without any idea about me and wanted to have his family again. Due to the terms of his parole, he is not allowed to live in the same state. However, he has worked the system somehow to be able to be around quite often using a work permit, I believe. I am not sure how the parole system works but I know he is here often.

She wanted to see what they still had, but after a couple of months told him she didn't want to be in a relationship with him and just wanted to remain civil for their kids. However, he was not taking no for an answer. He lays a guilt trip on her every time she tries to leave, saying things like "how can you do this to me" and "you're breaking up our family". She ends up feeling bad and going back on her thoughts. He finally found out about me and struck her in the face. He is both physically and emotionally abusive towards her.

For me, it is awful. When he's not around, her and I speak freely and often. When he is around, I hardly hear from her. Frustrated out of my mind, I finally told her tonight that I can't do this anymore. That I would take a step back and allow her to figure out what she wants. I told her I wanted her to have what she wants out of life and not what gets forced on her. I also told her that I didn't want to add to her stress level any more.

Her response was that I am "amazing" and I am a "true blessing". I don't know how to take that, because I don't feel amazing.

I have always been clear that I want a relationship with her. She knows that. It bothers me that the decision is not as clear as I feel it should be, but I will always respect her decision.

My question is what do I do now? I was proud of myself for saying what I said, but I also feel like I gave up in a way. I am struggling with this and will gladly take any advice anyone has to offer.

Last edited by bluekoi; Feb 22, 2021 at 10:46 PM.. Reason: Add trigger icon.
twaf0908 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3, buddha1too, Open Eyes, RoxanneToto