Wise Elder

Member Since Nov 2013
6,430 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 22, 2021 at 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisewin View Post
I'm glad your mom wants to be in your crisis team!

You mentioned not having anyone but T. Don't you think that would be something to work on? Do you work or volunteer? Do you have hobbies? Of course during covid it's harder to start something new, but it won't last forever. It sounds you really crave human contact and you seem like a nice caring individual who has lot to give also. Have you thought about finding more people to share your life with? You have mentioned a dog, maybe with the dog you can find people with same interests?

Your T sounds really great, but she is just a T. A therapist is of course important if you need one, but in the long run people that are not only in a professional relationship with you are what life is all about.
It's one of the things I'm working on in therapy. I'm just terrified of trusting people. I don't feel like I can depend on anyone unless they're a professional. That has been my experience. So it's hard for me to have relationships with people. Yes, I'm actually very good at being social. But letting anyone in...too scary. I need to work on myself and get myself under control before I dare take the risk of a friend.

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight, Mystical_Being, SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
elisewin