View Single Post
Anonymous41462

Default Feb 22, 2021 at 11:37 PM

My second cut of my benzo taper down to 18mg Valium went fine. I got to sleep with ease and even slept late. Whew! Quelle relief!

@cogladaid: Yeah, everyone thinks the health care system in Canada is so great. All psychiatrists do up here is provide diagnoses and meds. You get a 15 minute appointment four times a year and it's all just: "Eating?" Check. "Sleeping?" Check. "Next!" I had one airhead psychiatrist the year of my divorce when i stopped being able to work and i was in such intense emotional pain and i could have lit myself on fire in front of her and she wouldn't have done anything.

I'm much happier just seeing my GP who asks relevant questions about my quality of life and invites me to reach out to him any time if i need help. He shows that he reads my emails and follows-up on issues from our last appointment and retains the pertinent facts of my existence.

That airhead psychiatrist was a nightmare. We spent all of one appointment going over the gruesome and grisly circumstances of my brother's death at great personal cost to me and then the next appointment she says, "So, do you have any siblings?" What a negligent, incompetent airhead! I hear psychiatrists get attracted to the profession because they want to figure out what is wrong with them. You get the blind leading the blind.

Hugs from:
buddha1too, Moose72, Mountaindewed, Soupe du jour, Sunflower123

Thanks for this!
cogladaid, Mountaindewed