LonesomeTonight has no updates.

8 yr Member
74.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 23, 2021 at 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindmechanic View Post
When too many seconds have passed at the minute and one or two minutes go by and the therapist still hasn't called, I start feeling really anxious. I think that something bad might have happened to her – usually a fear that she fell ill or had a serious medical situation come up. When the therapist said that I'm the only patient who takes issue with her being one minute late in 30 years of her work, it makes me feel really bad about myself. She said that she was mad because it was an impossible standard. I understand that she's human, but I wish she could put it in a gentler way.

Have you told her this first part? Because that seems very different to me than your just being annoyed she's late, and it sounds like that's what she's reacting to (mentioning the impossible standard). I agree with Artley that this is something you should explore with her.

Out of curiosity, was there ever a time in your past where someone was late and something *had* happened to them? Even like a minor car accident or something? Or maybe something happened in a story you read or something you watched as a little kid and it stuck in your head? I just think it's something to talk about with her.
LonesomeTonight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
Quietmind 2, SlumberKitty, unaluna