Elder

Member Since Jun 2015
13.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 23, 2021 at 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha1too View Post
I can relate. When I was living in Germany, I had bizarre cravings for American food (they don't eat peanut butter in Germany!). Your post, however, makes me crave Czech cuisine. One of the best meals I ever had was Czech-style goulash when I visited Prague. It makes my mouth water...& I haven't had lunch yet!
I ate a particularly good goulash last week, but it was made in Brno. I was in Prague a few days ago, though. We found a most wonderful pekarna there (bakery specializing in breads). So far we haven't found as good of a one in Brno, but then again we haven't explored enough to know if there isn't.

I confess I brought a couple jars of peanut butter from the US. I have seen peanut butter in a Czech grocery store, but it looked like natural peanut butter. Oddly, I happen to particularly like Skippy lowered fat PB the best. It's more whipped, doesn't stick to the roof of my mouth, and is sweetened more than most. Basically chemical central, but it does taste good. Today I found and bought maple syrup, but it was quite expensive. In the US, I often used sugar free syrup, but I know real maple is yummiest. I'll just use it sparingly. By the way, I just bought a new waffle maker from Amazon.de.

Strangely, Czech stores have a lot of Tex-Mex type products. I'm happy about that. That cuisine has always been on my regular roster.

I do like Czech cuisine, but am not used to eating it so much.

Last edited by Soupe du jour; Feb 23, 2021 at 03:25 PM..

Hugs from:
*Beth*, Anonymous41462, Nammu, Sunflower123

Thanks for this!
buddha1too