View Single Post
ilovecatss

Member Since Feb 2021
8 hugs
given
Default Feb 24, 2021 at 01:55 AM

I have been with my husband for ten years. We have had an extremely difficult year filled with many fights, and he has decided he wants a divorce. I was willing to continue working on the relationship, with counseling however, he is not interested in doing so. I am hurt that he decided to give up on our relationship as our lives (thankfully no kids) are extremely integrated. Between monthly gatherings with friends, my close-knit family, businesses, and many traditions we've created over the years, I am shocked that we are separating. I did not imagine that my life would turn out this way. I feel like I have to completely restart from zero in my late twenties. I cannot imagine dating as I haven't done so since I was 16 years old. I can't imagine having to go through everything a relationship entails again with someone else. I don't understand why he chose to give up, but I hate that this is where I am at in my life right now. All of my friends are either married, engaged, or in long-term relationships. I don't have any single friends. I also have no idea what my living situation will be like. I feel like my husband will want to sell our home, but I cannot imagine moving back in with my parents, I do not have money to purchase a new home as everything in the area we live in is almost double the cost of our home now (the market here is insane especially since we bought), and renting is not an option right now. Not to mention when I am able to rent, the options in my budget compared to my current home are just sad. Our mortgage is so cheap because we bought our home right before the market went crazy, and there are no rentals even close to that price point. Not to mention we have heavily remodeled our home over the years. Every corner and piece is perfectly curated and picked out by me, and I cannot imagine going through this again somewhere else (remodeling is so expensive and time-consuming). We also work together, and I have no idea what will happen to our business. All he has said to me is that he thinks we should use a mediator. He's living with his parents, and we are not communicating, I tried to make it clear that I think divorce is a mistake, but he doesn't want to hear it. I am not sure how to move forward, I am sad, lost, and feel unmotivated to do anything.
ilovecatss is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, Bill3, buddha1too, hvert, Open Eyes, RoxanneToto