View Single Post
MuddyBoots
Monster on the Hill

Member Since Sep 2020
4,935 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 24, 2021 at 07:58 AM

Yesterday the nurse that does my injections said I was manic (I disagree) and suggested calling the crisis line or going to the ER, but taht's not really why I'm thinking of going. I have PRNs to chill out when it gets too much.

My pnurse ****ed up my scripts so I missed 5 doses of lithium recently, and yesterday the concerned injection nurse called my pnurse to see if she wanted a higher dose injection or maybe the injection is causing the mania or what. Pnurse said to just keep everything the same. Well, I restarted the lithium (at 600mg twice a day, the original dose) yesterday and now an hour after I take it I throw up and get diarrhea (this did not happen when I was previously on Li). It's making me not want to take it. But today the side effects weren't as bad so I really want to just stick it out, but I figure if I go to the hospital they can decrease the dose and check my levels (which my pnurse hasn't done despite my previous pnurse saying the new one would, and of course the new pnurse didn't want me to talk on our phone appointment... it was 6 minutes long...of yes or no questions and then she hung up). I'm just worried because I've had tegretol toxicity because my team didn't check my levels (I didn't even know you had to check levels for tegretol). I don't want that happening with a med that actually works for me when I get the chance to take it.

Thoughts?

Hugs from:
Soupe du jour, TipsyTurtle

Thanks for this!
TipsyTurtle