View Single Post
Soupe du jour
Elder

Member Since Jun 2015
13.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 24, 2021 at 08:04 AM

The only one I recall having any sort of malaise from, after missing ONLY one dose is Seroquel or Seroquel XR. If there was another(s), I don't remember. Could have been.

The issue with my Seroquel XR is that if I miss it, I don't sleep. Not at all, or at the very best an hour or two of terribly interrupted "half sleep". Sometimes I feel quite good, initially, but the bad and ugly of missing it shows itself quickly. My mood then quickly elevates, and usually does so with brutal anxiety or mixed features. In the end, I take it. Not taking it would equal inpatient, most likely.

There were a couple times I attempted to skip my Seroquel XR because of international travel, need to get up extremely early, or one a "sleep deprived" EEG. Again, in the end I eventually took it, or at least took a baby dose. My normal doses have ranged from 550 mg to 800 mg over the past 10 years, or so. A "baby dose" to me would be 50 mg or 100 mg. So little does not help me sleep, but takes a little bit of the edge off. No, I need the higher doses to remain stable. I will say that if my mood is elevating even on doses like 600 mg or more, adding only 50 mg to 100 mg can make a notable difference. Generally, those are the increases/decreases my psychiatrist makes, when needed.
Soupe du jour is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote