View Single Post
delightful
delightful has no updates.

3 yr Member
13 hugs
given
Default Feb 24, 2021 at 11:10 AM

My next goal is to re-publish the paperback version of "Through Unfamiliar Waters." I somehow deleted it. It shouldn't be hard to do, but I'm resisting it. I'm scared that I'll have that frustrating experience of nothing working right. It shouldn't be hard. I've already done it once before. I'm not editing anything. And yet I'm putting it off. I used to think I was scared of success, but that's not what I'm scared of. I'm scared of expecting success and being disappointed.
The weather is either great or horrible depending on how you look at it. It's warm and sunny. My trees are blossoming. The worrisome part - we've had almost no rain this winter. The new weather pattern seems to be that winter rains start in late February and continue through April or May. I hope this is the case.
I think I mentioned that my heater went out. I am using my oven's broiler for heat. Climate change has helped me in this regard. We haven't had any frost this year. The outside weather dips into the 40s in the night, and my house gets down into the low 60s - not too shabby. In the past we used to have frost every day in January and February. Outside temperature used to fall into the twenties and thirties at night. No, I'm not advocating that we burn a lot of fossil fuel. The warmer temperatures and lack of rain also translate into the hot weather and fires we've had for the last five or so years.
I was able to write a lot, and now I've hit a snag. I have that vague idea of where I want to the story to go, but I'm lacking the details -the oy, vey, part of one of your posts from about a week ago.

Good luck, happy stepping, and all that jazz.
delightful is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote