View Single Post
SlumberKitty
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jul 2018
117.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 24, 2021 at 12:38 PM

My doctor appointment went okay yesterday. She was actually there in person so I got to see her which was kind of nice. Or her eyes anyway. We both had masks on. She had mask and goggles. Of course my BP behaved at the doctor's office so she didn't want to believe me that it has been going up even though I took her a paper with my BP stats on it that showed that most days it was high. I told her that when I tried to give platelets that I couldn't because my iron was low and how they had also said my BP was high. She got on me for not bringing in my blood pressure cuff so they could test it but I didn't know I was supposed to so I felt that was uncalled for. She was going on about how I needed a
Possible trigger:
she was saying that the insurance has been on her case because she hasn't done it. I was like who cares? Who is in charge of my health? Me. Who advises me? You. Who cares what the insurance says? But I didn't say that. I just thought it loudly. So she said to be prepared for next time. She got on me for not doing my labs even though my labs are not due until April. She eventually saw that and said I was right. She didn't ask me about my mental health which kind of made me mad but she did check my heart, lungs, ankles, and my asthma. She was preoccupied by another patient after me, even stopping my exam to talk to the nurse about that patient. I sort of felt like I didn't get my $30 worth. But she did give me medicine for the BP. She said not to take it if it was normal or near normal (duh). It was high today so I took it and now I have a headache. I don't get headaches. I get migraines but not headaches and I looked it up and its a side effect of the medication. Bleh. But at least it went okay. I guess.

Hugs from:
Blue_Bird

Thanks for this!
Angelique67, cogladaid