View Single Post
SarahSweden
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2014
219 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Disk Feb 24, 2021 at 03:13 PM

Thanks. It sounds a bit like my counselor, it seems your therapist has a bit of blurry boundaries as well. She doesn't know exactly what and how much she actually wants to share with you.

What kind of stuff does she normally share?

Do you mean your therapist keeps like paintings and photos open to clients to see but when you do look at them she seems uncomfortable about that?

That seems a bit strange if so, if she wants like a photo to be visible to her only she needs to put it away from her clients.

My counselor doesn't keep any photos or more personal stuff visible but she has some postcards and such things on a drawer. But they're too far away to see in detail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewed View Post
My T does this all the time. She tells me about personal stuff but when I ask questions about what she’s telling me she shuts down and gives a vague answer. I have found it very strange.

Other times I’ll ask questions and she seems uncomfortable answering them and then gives a vague answer but then suddenly goes into a full story. I asked about something in her background the other day and she seemed uncomfortable by my question at first but then was talking about it.

I think she gets uncomfortable when I look around. She did it in her office too. I don’t think she likes it when I’m looking around the room at stuff.

I had another therapist like that too. Why have stuff out in the open like that if you don’t want people looking at it.
I honestly don’t get these people half the time.
SarahSweden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote