View Single Post
ilovecatss

Member Since Feb 2021
8 hugs
given
Default Feb 25, 2021 at 10:39 PM

Hi @SoloinFL thanks for taking the time to respond. I'm sorry you're going through the same situation. We separated for two weeks right before Valentine's Day, and I had hoped the time apart would make him realize we should work on the relationship but instead he made it clear he wants a divorce. We spoke on Monday and that's when he decided we need to finalize the divorce and move forward so everything is still extremely raw and confusing at this point.

I am just trying to take it day by day right now, but most days I can barely get myself to eat anything. My parents would really like us to reconcile but are being very supportive and told me they will help me either way (whether I move in with them, or to help buy my husband out of the house with a loan). I am very grateful to them, as they are my rocks during this difficult time.

During the separation, my husband has been living with his parents and I have had the house to myself. I definitely am lonely, and the house is filled with memories and decorated with our photos, so it's been difficult to say the least. The only reason I am hesitant to move is that I'm a real estate agent, and we lucked out on our home. Most places in our area now sell for double and are cheap quality builds that are much smaller. The market here in the last five years has skyrocketed and continues growing (Seattle).

I know I will not be able to afford anything new alone. And renting here right now is such a waste, plus they require that rent is three times your income (so for a 2000 rental you need to make 6000 per month). We also did invest extensively in our home. When we bought we were doing extremely well financially and went pretty crazy with the furniture and designing. Just from a real estate perspective, I think it would make more sense for me to buy him out. Even if I do that and keep the place for a few more years I will still make a lot of profit on this home.

Thanks again for responding. Although I wish no one was going through this, it does help to hear from people in a similar situation. Especially those who have moved on, as right now everything just seems really bad.
ilovecatss is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote