View Single Post
TishaBuv
Legendary

Member Since Dec 2014
1,873 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 26, 2021 at 08:37 AM

I think you showed strong, good values when you did not betray your marriage vows to a romantic/sexual relationship with another man (even if it was Prince!).

I enjoyed doing performing arts because I just enjoyed doing it. It was not a desire to be famous motivated. I didn’t have drive and desire enough to seriously pursue it and got married and had kids. So through my life, I only dabbled in my artistic career, having been a student of it from childhood through college, then having a one-year period of local involvement in my 40’s (which we called a mid-life crisis.). But in my performing arts experience (singing live performances, acting, writing theatre and film), there were a few things I performed in that became momentarily, sort of famous. It was an unexpected twist that happened, not at all my own doing or expectation. It was hilarious to me how it happened and what happened, and I enjoyed this fleeting experience very much. It was only a moment and then it was history. That one year felt satisfying to me and I stopped doing performing arts...but I have a bad way of giving up interest in things after doing them. It was totally random that those performances became a moment of ‘fame’ due to someone else’s unexpected actions. I felt I had hit a home run for whatever success I might achieve in the field and left on that high, thinking if i kept at it, things might go on a downward direction and I’d lose that good feeling. It was a quit while you’re ahead kind of feeling.

If you love music and what you are doing with it, keep pursuing your talents. Others will enjoy what you do and want to see you do it. ‘Fame’ increases as your audience grows. But, ‘fame’ can also be as a result of a random moment you can’t see coming and you have no control over it, like I experienced.

Last edited by TishaBuv; Feb 26, 2021 at 09:07 AM.. Reason: Add more
TishaBuv is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Open Eyes

Thanks for this!
Aviza