View Single Post
FluffyDinosaur
Grand Member

Member Since Nov 2019
31 hugs
given
Default Feb 26, 2021 at 12:32 PM

Indeed, that's exactly what I'm hoping for! ECT to get a reset and get me in good enough shape to really work on getting better and prevent a relapse. I agree that ECT for maintenance treatment would be a last resort. I think (or hope) that I can handle the cognitive issues and amnesia if it's transient, but I wouldn't want to have to deal with that repeatedly. Right now the wait for ECT and the uncertainty are really killing me, so I'm trying to get a better picture of all my options so that I can kind of reassure myself that there's a plan B if needed. It's good to hear that it's not just me and that I can hope for more than the treatment results so far.

For me the most important thing about my therapist is that I can feel understood and supported. I don't really get that from anywhere else (partly my fault because I'm not much of a talker). I'm definitely willing to do the work myself, and I'm pretty good at researching and following through on my own treatment options, but that emotional support can go a long way, too, in my experience.
FluffyDinosaur is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote