Thread: Dark Days
View Single Post
Anonymous 42424

Thumbs up Feb 26, 2021 at 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deilla View Post

I went to bed early and did my prayer for a long time. I didn't want to wake up again. My prayer goes unanswered. It's really unfair. Life is over for me. I have no hope of anything. I'm pretty worthless. I have no one and no one really cares. Not my daughter, not my mom and not my sisters.
Deilla, God is not a milking cow. He answers in his own time. Thank him instead. Of course we are allowed to feel down, disappointed and angry. He can take that! But there must be place for the thanks as well; for a beautiful morning, for rain after a dry season, for a good cup of tea, a funny cat and so on.

To be thankful does something with our brains.

You are not worthless, because every person on this planet has a worth in themselves! So, maybe your family does not care, but let them be in that wrong state. It is them that don't know what they are missing by ignoring you. Create your own life in a path that is yours.

I read in your blog that you are into DBT. In case you want a very good, but thin book, built on both CBT and DBT I recommend this one: "The Decider Skills for Self Help: CBT and DBT skills to increase resilience, coping and confidence" Paperback – November 29, 2019 by Michelle Ayres and Carol Vivyan (Author)

Amazon.com
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Deilla, TunedOut

Thanks for this!
Deilla, TunedOut