View Single Post
wildflowerchild25
Elder

Member Since Mar 2013
9,563 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 27, 2021 at 10:08 AM

Well it’s signed and done. WE CLOSED ON OUR HOUSE!!!! I can’t believe it! I worried about it straight up until the papers were all signed. The last thing I worried about was that I had made the cashier’s check out to the wrong entity as I had made it out to the title agency, not the title company as a whole. But they didn’t even mention it. So we have a house!

It was nice to go over yesterday and just be able to walk around and see everything on our own timescale. We were able to see all the minor repairs that we had to do from the off. One thing we need to do is get a new knob/lock for our future bedroom door. All the locks in our house are those old skeleton key mortise locks. Makes it more difficult to replace. I watched a YouTube video about changing them into newer mortise locks and I definitely can’t do it myself, not sure if RS can though I know he will try. If not we’ll just have to hire a locksmith.

My mind is humming with decoration ideas and how to maximize space, especially in the small kitchen. I’ve got good ideas for everything, but I’m stumped on what color area rug I should get for the living room. The walls are a very pale yellow, our furniture is dark brown, and the floor is medium warm hued hardwood. Obviously a tan/medium brown would be a good bet but it would be nice to add a pop of color. The complement of yellow is purple, but blues go better with browns so I just do not know! I was hoping to have my SIL’s help but they are so busy trying to sell their house that I’m not sure they’ll ever have time to pop by. I think I’ll wait until we are all moved in to find a rug.

I’m going house shopping later today since RS agreed weeks ago to help a friend move his (non functional) truck up to the northern part of the state. Very involved, they have to push it up onto a trailer and then unload it the same way once the get where they’re going. Probably take at least four hours all said and done.

I will be able to put up a shelf for all my present and future Knick knacks. Frank, my bottle cap ostrich, will now have a home! The big antique store in the mountains we go to has so much stuff I always wanted to buy that I never did because I had nowhere to display it.

I can’t wait for all this godforsaken snow to melt so I can see what’s planted In the front garden. If there’s no daffodils currently, there definitely will be once I’m done with it!

That’s life. If nothing else, that is life. It’s real. Sometimes it
f—-ing hurts. But it’s sort of all we have.
-Garden State

Hugs from:
*Beth*, Anonymous41462, BeyondtheRainbow, Innerzone, Nammu, Soupe du jour, Sunflower123

Thanks for this!
Innerzone, Soupe du jour