underdog is here

Member Since Sep 2011
1 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 27, 2021 at 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtieTheSequal View Post
I absolutely concur with your guess of the good girl thing, messages from childhood stuff as I am still dealing with the effects of that. It's more complicated than just a person not wanting to take responsibility (which I've been accused of). You feel in your very bones that you have to be perfect somehow in order to be loved, but since no one can be perfect, you just always feel like you're not enough, so if you want to quit something for instance, you feel like you have to have permission somehow or you'll be in trouble with the universe or something. I don't know if I'm making any sense at all.
I guess I just figured screw it - not being loved is better than constantly worrying about it. I consider Autonomy to be the greater good - not being loved. I mean I prefer being loved or liked, but if not, it isn't worth my soul to try and get it from others.

I don't see writing thank you notes (general consideration of others) to be in line with always follow rules/don't cause trouble.

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
Oscar Wilde
Well Behaved Women Seldom Make History - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
stopdog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
ArtieTheSequal, atisketatasket, unaluna