Thread: Roll Call 180
View Single Post
cogladaid
Elder

Member Since Jul 2015
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 27, 2021 at 05:38 PM

Well, I was originally diagnosed with depression, then psychotic depression. I was depressed for a long time, and then hyper and little need for sleep. I thought I was bipolar but my old doctor didn't think so. My psychosis started a while after my dad died, I think. I'm fuzzy on timelines. I guess that kind of triggered it, but I was already up and down for a while. I was on risperidone and I hated it. It kind of helped but made me out of it. One day I thought it was poison and stopped taking it and then eventually my psychosis went away until a couple years later when it came back. Then I was out of touch for like two years until I started coming out of it and got diagnosed bipolar and a psychotic disorder.

Trip down memory lane! Here we are now!

Now I don't know if the psychotic disorder is still valid. Maybe I'm just bipolar 1 and had an extended episode? I don't know. It's hard to understand. I hope I see the psychatrist soon to help answer my questions. I'm getting tired of up and down and feeling this way. My current medication doesn't really work.
cogladaid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
Angelique67, Blue_Bird, Desoxyn, unsure123, WastingAsparagus