Chat Leader

Member Since May 2014
2,308 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 27, 2021 at 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace14 View Post
I think my mom is getting dementia. She's 86 and pretty much an upbeat person but recently she's getting so angry over little things. She wants me to call everyday and check in. For some reason she has got it in her head that I may be dead at my house. So I have been calling her every day, but then I got this very sarcastic message from her saying if I could work her in my schedule to call her. So I called and got the answering machine, and I left a message. The next day I called , no answer, I left a message. Today I called and no answer, I left a message. I emailed her boyfriend and explained my side of what was going on and asked if she was okay. Hopefully he will answer me soon. She's always been very spiteful. I'm concerned that if it is dementia she is going to get much worse. I feel exhausted with it.
My mom stubbornly refuses an inpatient assistance. When we fight her on that it is hellish. When we assure her she can stay in her home she is better.

I try to recount wonderful memories we had together and we share some good times. When you do reach her, maybe find out when is good time to call she will answer?

"Things Take Time"
CANDC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Trace14, Travelinglady

Thanks for this!
Trace14