Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since May 2013
22.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 27, 2021 at 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogladaid View Post
Well, I was originally diagnosed with depression, then psychotic depression. I was depressed for a long time, and then hyper and little need for sleep. I thought I was bipolar but my old doctor didn't think so. My psychosis started a while after my dad died, I think. I'm fuzzy on timelines. I guess that kind of triggered it, but I was already up and down for a while. I was on risperidone and I hated it. It kind of helped but made me out of it. One day I thought it was poison and stopped taking it and then eventually my psychosis went away until a couple years later when it came back. Then I was out of touch for like two years until I started coming out of it and got diagnosed bipolar and a psychotic disorder.

Trip down memory lane! Here we are now!

Now I don't know if the psychotic disorder is still valid. Maybe I'm just bipolar 1 and had an extended episode? I don't know. It's hard to understand. I hope I see the psychatrist soon to help answer my questions. I'm getting tired of up and down and feeling this way. My current medication doesn't really work.

For me it’s bipolar 1 with psychotic features......probably for you as well.

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
cogladaid