View Single Post
JH8854

Member Since Jul 2020
Heart Feb 27, 2021 at 11:18 PM

Over a week ago this girl responded to my post, woman actually, she is in her late 20s and I'm in my early 20's. She was excited to talk to me. I've recently, before this individual, broken up a six week online relationship with a girl from another country who really got attached to me but I felt I had to break up because the distance and waiting was too far. I am sure she has limerence for me but I'm not certain.

Anyway me and this woman started talking and got along, and we took it to text. She sent me photos and voice notes. I found her personally incredibly physically attractive. I'm not going to give details but I would be lying if I said part of my limerence didn't revolve around her appearance. She had several physical characteristics which drew me in.

. As people, we shared similar values, she was very classy and organized, we both weren't fond of shallow people. She was intelligent, thoughtful, empathetic, creative, possessed emotional depth, and was forward in her desire. I felt so ecstatic every time she messaged me and called me endearing names.

However I doubted she was a legitimate person, and this was at the crux of why she broke off with me. I doubted she was genuine because she wouldn't video chat with me, and also because a part of me felt her affection was too good to be legitimate, and it must have been someone deceiving me. She found me handsome and liked my character but I am an average college student. She made more money/ was higher status, was taller, older, fairly attractive in my eyes, and I questioned how this person could really be interested in me. I ended up doing some things that were stupid and unacceptable for our relationship which I shouldn't have but given the context I thought were appropriate at the time and she got rightfully angry at me and said she couldn't take it any further and that my trust issues were too overwhelming and that she tried hard to prove she was legitimate but she couldn't tolerate how I had been acting. I apologized for my actions but she just couldn't bring herself to reconcile.

I have been very depressed since she broke off, even though our relationship was long distance. I'm perfectly aware it is irrational to be this attached to a woman I don't know and who I only conversed with for a week but I genuinely feel nearly traumatized from her detachment, and at the knowledge that it was my actions that caused our relationship to be cut short, so it was preventable. I find my desires for her and for us to somehow be a couple to be painfully intense. I haven't felt this attached to someone since the tenth grade. It's very strong debilitating desire which feels involuntary, past a simple crush into something quite gripping. I don't even want to be in a relationship or seek one with another woman.

I feel like the only way I can move past this person is if I find another woman with similar qualities both physical and mental that I find reminiscent of her, and that evokes the same feelings in me. I'm sure my longing will fade with time but I still find it hard to enjoy my life at the moment.

Has anyone here experienced unrequited love and if so how did you process your emotions?
JH8854 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, Bill3, mssweatypalms, Open Eyes, RoxanneToto

Thanks for this!
tnthomas