Veteran Member

Member Since Sep 2011
2,547 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 28, 2021 at 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupe du jour View Post
I had a majorly interrupted sleep last night. All waking up with the numb/tingling feet and hands I've discussed a lot. It's getting to me now because it's getting worse. I was even so upset that I moved from the downstairs futon to the bed upstairs, to join Hubby. I have a phone appointment with my old nephrologist next week, but he can't do much more than give advice. Perhaps I should try going off the suspected med culprit. Or maybe try a new med. However, I'd need a doctor in CZ to prescribe a new option. I just don't want to dread having to sleep or worry that this is something far more serious. Hubby will call a potential GP here tomorrow to replace both my old GP and the nephrologist. I may even need that GP to refer me to a psychiatrist. Either way, I have two psychiatrists I'm thinking of contacting soon.
I've been diagnosed with neuropathy, so can relate to the numbness/burning you describe. It's gotten to the point where wearing shoes can be painful if I wear them too long. I have an appointment with a neurologist for testing, but couldn't get in until June. Do you have any ideas regarding the causes or cures for this?

As far as seeking a new shrink goes, prepare yourself. The pdoc I had in Germany said Americans prescribe far more meds than European pdocs do. My dosages were greatly reduced...& I was hospitalized. German hospitals are far more humane & theraputic than hospitals in the States...but that's another story.

I hope you managed to get some rest after being restless last night.

Hugs from:
Soupe du jour, Sunflower123

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, Soupe du jour