Account Suspended

Member Since Jul 2020
371 hugs
given
Default Feb 28, 2021 at 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trying to help View Post
Hi,
I am here as a concerned friend and someone that would love to be in a relationship with this survivor. I have previously helped my little sister leave an abusive relationship. So I have done quite a bit of reading on this subject. Now I find myself trying to help a female friend that was in a similar situation. Although her relationship was longer. So more trauma over a longer period of time than my sister experienced. I’ve once again been reading up on this subject and can’t help but notice the person who I am trying to help shows some signs of psychopaths/sociopaths at times. So my question is in the title. Is it common for people who have been traumatized for a decade to pick up some of the traits of their abusers?

Let me know if you need more details.
This is a very good post and a well-put point, I have heard of a saying that goes something like this, ' many abuse victims mimic their abusers mentally if subjected or exposed to a long personal hate campaign'.

It's part of the PTSD that is caused by being triangulated whilst being treated in a degrading or abusive manner, you read about it in rape cases.

Have you thought about both attending a professional psychologist session together?

THX for posting this its a very good point being made.
ShaneG is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
RoxanneToto