View Single Post
AceRimmer

Member Since Jun 2015
2 hugs
given
Default Feb 28, 2021 at 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leomama View Post
That’s crazy. I’m curious what kind of job is so rigid about breaks. You’re entitled to 2 paid 10 min breaks and an unpaid lunch in most jobs.
It used to be an easygoing job analyzing drinking water as a chemist and no one had strict rules on breaks. You just got your work done and all was well. It is an hourly paid job, but we get told not to work overtime at all, just to make up the work later. When I was at another job in this organization 20 years ago my first supervisor spelled it out for me - if you have to stay late just come in later the next day. That has happened at this job and I did it that way. I walked by the boss's office late on my way in plenty of times and he never said anything to me. He left 2 years ago and the new boss never said anything to me. I met with him and he was saying it was his job to help me get my job done. He left last year and now I have a new supervisor who is really nasty and argues with me all the time. She told me to upload documents from the old system into the new one and that I would get instructions on what to do. I never got the instructions and she berated me for not doing it anyway.

Thanks for this!
leomama, RoxanneToto