Veteran Member

Member Since Feb 2020
4,706 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 01, 2021 at 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunedOut View Post
I said a prayer for you MimiBhaduri and others like you stuck in abusive situations. The painkillers and benzos (I still take a benzo occasionally and when I have been prescribed painkillers, I finish the bottle, in part, because they do feel good short term so I know from experience) help us feel better in the short term but actually make us less able to cope longer term if we get in a situation where we are using them all of the time. So I said a prayer that you could also escape your addiction to them if you are using them to cope with the emotional (rather than physical) pain. IMO, using painkillers to deal with our emotions is how we get addicted--don't know it this is happening to you but I just wanted to put it out there for your information. And I do understand you are in a hopeless situation that makes it tempting to use because you need comfort from intense anxiety and pain. Emotional pain can be worse than physical pain. Do you have physical pain too?
Thanks for praying for me.
I take the painkiller bc of physical pain not for emotional pain. I take the benzo(xanax) for panic attacks.
I try not to abuse them.
MimiBhaduri0 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn, T4bbyCat, TunedOut

Thanks for this!
TunedOut