View Single Post
NaoSky

Member Since Nov 2020
90 hugs
given
Default Mar 01, 2021 at 01:46 PM

First of all, I haven’t posted in awhile. I hope all of you are doing as well as possible. My depression has finally lifted after many months. I’m not sure how long you guys go, but my first mania was almost 1 year ago and lasted about 4 months while my depression lasted almost 7 months.

I’m finally at a point in my life where I feel normal again and I’m so relieved I was able to make it. I know not all of us who experience bipolar do. My 21 year old daughter recommended that I watch a Netflix TV series called “Spinning Out” about a mom and daughter who have bipolar. I couldn’t bring myself to watch it during my depression but this week I decided to try it. I was hooked. I don’t think anyone can get bipolar right in movies and tv, but this show came pretty close to my experience with it. I lived and grew up with a mom with bipolar, but in my case we never knew she had it. Now I have it and experienced some similar things that happened in the show. I know they didn’t get it 100% right but I love the fact that it explained how you can still succeed while living with bipolar.

I wasn’t quite so sure I could come back from it and I did. I’m a teacher and thought I was going to lose my job. I found a friend in this group that helped me and I made it. I’ve had to conceal what I have from people and I also have found people I can trust to share it with.

I was so disappointed that there is only one season of this show, that I created an IMDb just to leave a positive review. There needs to be more shows like this that are worth watching and help inspire people like us.

If you decide to watch it don’t judge the stuff they get wrong, but look for the positive messages, struggle, and family bonds that the show offers.

I really hope they change their mind and create a season 2!!

Last edited by NaoSky; Mar 01, 2021 at 04:07 PM..
NaoSky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, Anonymous41462, unaluna

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, BipolaRNurse, unaluna, wolftrap