catches the flowers

Member Since Jul 2019
23.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 01, 2021 at 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonesomeTonight View Post
Your email sounds good. Out of curiosity, did they give any explanation for why your T had to cancel? Like illness, family emergency, etc.? I really struggled when my former marriage counselor had to cancel frequently, often at the last minute, which I eventually learned was due to his wife's (eventually terminal) illness. It got to a point where I never felt secure that the session would be happening until we were sitting in the waiting room. Even then, one session, we went back, and he said he could only give us 20 minutes (he didn't charge us), because he had to leave to deal with something.

Even if it's for a completely valid reason, it can be jarring and lead to loss of trust in a therapist. I hope your T responds to your email and is understanding of your struggles with the cancellations.

Yeah, she's "on quarantine" because she had some cold symptoms and the clinic has to be sure she doesn't have covid. Besides that, I swear the woman has major healthy anxiety. She's always saying she is sick, or is getting sick, or has been sick. Everyone in the clinic has had their covid vaccinations (including her), but they're still not seeing people in person. I dunno...I'm just tired of the excuses. Lost trust = exactly.

I have an appt. with her tomorrow because she had an opening, but if she doesn't cancel I'll be very surprised.

*Beth* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight, SlumberKitty, TunedOut