Poohbah

Member Since May 2014
1,217 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 01, 2021 at 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha1too View Post
I think the fact that there are many folks on the boards who suffered childhood trauma/abuse, suffer from PTSD, etc., probably contributed to their decision. We need to protect vulnerable people on the forum. While I agreed with your basic point on that thread, the examples you illustrated were so graphic that they made me wince...& I haven't suffered any of those things. Please don't take offense.
Sorry. Wrong thread.

I'm not offended.
So the exercise here is to allow child abuse to continue because it's too disturbing to face up to head on? I'm not saying that's what you think at all, I'm just making a point. Child abuse is the biggest domestic problem in this country and people prefer to bury their head in the sand BECAUSE it's so disturbing, allowing it to continue.

Statistically, everyone here knows a child who's being abused. Right now. Victims rarely tell, so you don't know it, but if you learn the signs to look for, who knows, you might be responsible for ending that child's torment.

You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. ~ Robin Williams

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage? ~ Pink Floyd
Werewoman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
divine1966