View Single Post
ilovecatss

Member Since Feb 2021
8 hugs
given
Default Mar 02, 2021 at 12:43 AM

UPDATE

We (mostly him) have decided to proceed with mediation. We have our appointment this week on Thursday.

Essentially after he told me he wants a divorce he ignored all my messages for the week. Finally, it was time to pay for our credit card, and the card he uses had 5K on it this month (this doesn't include any of our house expenses or mine for the month). I reached out to him because we didn't have enough to cover all our expenses this month. I asked him if he could cover some (he owns some stocks), he didn't respond so I sent him a follow-up which caused a short conversation that did not go well.

My soon-to-be-ex husband had a successful business for a few years earlier in our relationship. He took me on a lot of luxurious vacations, bought me gifts, and used the funds to help start one of our joint ventures, pay for the house, and furniture etc. Pretty much everything, he even bought me a 20K engagement ring, and our wedding was close to 100K. I was always grateful for him, and the money was amazing (financial freedom does feel good) but when we were dating he was extremely poor so when his business was closed a few years ago, and we started having financial issues I didn't feel that it caused us any relationship strains.

But after I asked him to help with the bill, he brought up all these things he did for me. And basically made it seem like I should pay for the 5K because he paid for me for years. He went back to school a year ago and I have been paying for everything, but the last few months we have been really tight on money. This last month he got a ton of work on his teeth (of course I've been asking him to our entire relationship but he does it when we are divorcing) and spent money at Costco to furnish a room at his parents and a ton of groceries.

First, I am waiting to get paid commission on a few houses but don't have the money right now (he knows this). Second, I feel that it's unfair that I have to pay for him when he asked for a divorce and is treating me so poorly during this separation.

Am I out of line? Should I just find a way to pay for him since he spent so much money on me? Even though I am struggling financially right now?
ilovecatss is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote