View Single Post
Lostislost
Veteran Member

Member Since May 2020
890 hugs
given
Default Mar 02, 2021 at 04:45 AM

It's a difficult subject for me to approach, as I have experienced CSA and struggle with it a lot still. I have also had to have surgeries down there to correct damage that was done. I am also terrified of smear tests, among other things.

Yes many people find smear tests and medical exams terrifying no matter what has happened to them. My partner avoids them at all costs and he has no trauma surrounding it.

But I really don't think a therapist should EVER put ideas in to a client's head that they may have been abused. What good can come of this? It should be up to you to discuss your feelings and experiences, and to make these connections if it feels right. It can be very damaging to assume these things. Please just work with your current feelings and don't worry about what may or may not have happened to you previously, unless it comes naturally to you. It's so distressing. Hugs.
Lostislost is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight, RoxanneToto, SlumberKitty, Taylor27

Thanks for this!
Bill3, comrademoomoo, Favorite Jeans, LonesomeTonight, nottrustin, Quietmind 2, RoxanneToto, SlumberKitty, Taylor27