View Single Post
ilovecatss

Member Since Feb 2021
8 hugs
given
Default Mar 02, 2021 at 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open Eyes View Post
It can be very traumatic when there is success like what you describe at a young age if that level of success is lost. He can’t see that he is still young and can work towards a new level of success. He doesn’t see what he still has despite the loss either. Instead he is bathing in anger and resentment. He should realize that he had a home that most his age can’t have and he furnished it with things many his age can’t even imagine. All he is seeing is the bad and wanting to distance from it.
Hi @openeyes, thanks for the insight. I do agree that the failed business and becoming dependent on my income has affected him. He did go through a depression stage for a while, but when he returned to school I felt things were looking up. And I genuinely didn’t feel that it affected our relationship, but after your posts I am thinking his personal feelings obviously in same way impact our relationship. I always thought if we can get through this we can get through anything, so it makes me so sad that after the last few years and some of the challenges we did preserve that in the end we are still heading for a divorce.

He was really patient and kind when I met him, and when he started doing well he definitely developed an ego. But afterwards I truly felt the failures brought him back to the ground. He used to always say people shouldn’t get too successful at a young age because it goes to your head. The challenges he faced seemed to humble him and I was grateful that everything happened the way it did. I assumed we would eventually work our way back to where we were and would this time be more grateful.

But instead somewhere things took a turn. I know we’ve had issues throughout the relationship, but doesn’t everyone? I keep going back in time even six months ago. We took a road trip and it was so wonderful and we had many romantic moments and he made so many promises for the future. It’s hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that only a half year later this is where we stand. I feel like he chose to only remember the bad and keeps trying to make me seem like I’m the worst person in the world. He does this in small ways like with the credit card, by saying things like “I’m shocked you’re acting this way after I haven’t reserved a penny for you”.

And I already feel bad for asking him to help pay and messages like that just make me want to jump off a cliff. He always seems to do that somehow make me feel like I’m the bad guy in every situation.
ilovecatss is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3, buddha1too, Open Eyes

Thanks for this!
Bill3