View Single Post
Muser

Muser has no updates.

10 yr Member
46 hugs
given
Default Mar 02, 2021 at 02:53 PM

prettymccute...I lost my son too. It's been two years. I don't think there is any time limit on grief...you feel what you feel. You be you <3

My son was 40, married with a son of his own. (who was 5 at the time of the accident) It was a tragic fiery crash that took him. That's an image I can't get out of my head. That late night phone call is one every parent dreads. We were close. People think it must get better with time but I think it gets worse. I've never gone 2 years without talking to him...maybe 2 days...even 2 weeks...never 2 years.

I don't know how his father would have dealt with. He passed in 2002.

I take comfort in spending time with my grandson. He's smart, sensitive, and clever like his Dad. We talk about his father sometimes. He seems to enjoy it.

Life is different now. We will never be the person we used to be. You lost a big part of your support system when you lost your partner. I get it. I lost both my parents and my sister when I was very young. So...what do we do? We can only do out best and what ever that is on any given day...it's good enough. It doesn't mean that life isn't good. Yes, I'm still sad. I suppose we always will be.

There is no playbook on how to do this. We'll miss our boys all the days of our lives, but I think we can acknowledge our pain and still appreciate all the good things there are....there are many. I put my fake face on and muddle through my day. I guess to put it simply...I'm very very sad but not depressed.

I wish you the very very best!! <3

Noun1.muser - a reflective thinker
"A true friend will keep your secrets and love you without judgment or conditions"

Muser is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
CANDC