Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,277 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 02, 2021 at 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnpopularTiger View Post
Thank you for not letting his mental illness dilute your love for him. Too many people look at the ill and injured and dehumanize them.
Well to be accurate Tourette’s isn’t a mental illness, it’s a neurological disorder. Honestly I don’t consider Tourettes to be an illness or anything to write home about. My husband is very laid back and easy going in personal life and is educated professional in his work life despite anything. He puts up with me and that’s something lol and I don’t even have any disorders. Hahahaha So it’s all relative.

I am just saying he’s been bullied by ignorant people due to exhibiting Tourette’s symptoms (noises and movements that could be irritating etc). It has no effect on our life

But I agree with you in regards to it possibly stopping people from getting involved with someone and dismiss someone without getting to know them. Heck when I first was talking to my husband over the phone, I didn’t know yet he had it but I was thinking “dang what’s those noises he makes, must he do that on the phone”. Glad I didn’t dismiss him!
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
AzulOscuro, RoxanneToto, TunedOut

Thanks for this!
AzulOscuro, RoxanneToto, TunedOut