Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2011
21.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 03, 2021 at 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishIgotHelp View Post
After a football game, i had a little chat with our rivals, and one of the team members was very angry at me for prolonging the game and wasting time.

We were very good friends, and I didn't expect the words he was about to say to me. After an argument about the game, he started shouting "hey, you sisterf***".... in my country this is a very offensive thing to say to someone and if you don't react of beat the **** out of that person it means you are a coward.

And that's exactly what I did, I walked away like a coward, pretending as if nothing had happend. I wasn't sure if i could beat him up, so I moved away as if nothing had happend. I was quite ashamed by what had happend, but i downplayed it, since i had no balls to do anything about it.

So i moved on, ashamed by what had happend, more ashamed that I dident stand up for myself.
Walking away from toxic people isn't being a coward. Instead its more about refusing to play THEIR game because they say mean things hoping you will engage them. Feel sorry for them because this is probably something they learned from their own home environment. These type of individuals are trying to find power to compensate for their own helplessness that plagues them.

You can be the wiser one in choosing not to engage. Toxic people hate that.
Open Eyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
WishIgotHelp

Thanks for this!
Bill3