Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
885 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 03, 2021 at 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmaleemochizuki View Post
The book is called 'Cutting it out' by Carolyn Smith, it is on Amazon and I read it as a e-book. It does talk about self harm, and abuse, so trigger warning.

It is such a quirky and deeply accurate description of the way she thought about of her therapist, and what was going through her mind. Would really recommend, still one of my favourite books to date.

It's not very long too. I read the first few chapters, and just couldn't put it down, and finish it all in one go.
nope didnt read it but my wife did. she warned me first that because of the descriptions it could in fact cause my own self injuring behavior to become reactivated. many people who self injure, self abuse search out these kinds of books then they have the automatic reactions where their mind focuses more on the books and book contents, have trouble putting the books down because the thoughts coupled with the words in print talking about self injuring brings on the craving for those endorphins /feelings they get from actually self injuring. (Im guessing thats why many mental health style forums dont allow self injuring discussions, it can cause a self injurer to crave that feeling again that self injuring gives them)

please be careful. this book can and may trigger ones own self injuring behavior to become reactivated.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Lostislost, Merope, Rive.