Thread: Acceptance
View Single Post
NaoSky

Member Since Nov 2020
90 hugs
given
Default Mar 03, 2021 at 04:38 PM

There are stages of grief that people must go through when they lose a loved one.

We bargain.
We deny.
We become angry.
We become sad.
Some choose to finally accept it.

When I was first diagnosed I denied it 100%. I knew there was a more justifiable reason for my behavior. After all that weed I chose to smoke had to have been laced with something. It pushed me into strong psychosis that I had not been in. So it was the weed, not BD.

Then I hit depression. I fell into this hole that I never thought I would climb out of. I lost all of my motivation, energy, ambitions, and happiness. It was like joy went on a permanent vacation and I was left with nothing but sadness.

Then I became angry. Why me??!! Why did I have to get this. I mean 1 in 10 children get it from a parent. Why was I so lucky? My life will never be the same. I’m going to lose my job, my retirement, my livelihood.

God could you please take this away from me? I lost my husband’s trust and affection. I lost my happiness, I lost me. I will never be the same. The old me is gone. It’s dead.

Acceptance. I’m finally over my depression. I actually feel normal. My sleep has returned and I’m looking at my life through a new set of lenses. I will never be the same, but that’s ok. I accept this illness. I’m not so sure whether it should be considered a gift or a curse. It is what it is and I plan on making the best of my life moving forward.

I hope anyone that has BPD can one day move past all of the obstacles that seem impossible and discover that life can be so good despite the diagnosis.

Last edited by NaoSky; Mar 03, 2021 at 06:12 PM..
NaoSky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
AliceKate, Anonymous41462, Atypical_Disaster, Breaking Dawn, Soupe du jour, TunedOut

Thanks for this!
Atypical_Disaster, BipolaRNurse, Breaking Dawn, Soupe du jour, TunedOut, wolftrap