View Single Post
Hulalady1992

Member Since Feb 2021
3 hugs
given
Default Mar 03, 2021 at 11:37 PM

I have PDD-NOS, which is an atypical form of Autism. Recently, I've been considering going into transitional housing. I'm 28 and have been living with my dad for 10 years. He just turned 60 on March 2nd. He wants to retire at 62 and has lived in the same townhome since I was three months old. From the time I was four until about 18, I lived with my mother. Moved back in with him when I was 18 once my mom became mentally unstable. My adult life has been very difficult. I tried getting a job and an education through a program called DORS, a vocational rehab agency here in MD, but they weren't much help.

I also get triggers because I'm only a couple blocks away from where I was abused and molested. My dad won't move out with me unless I have a job to help pay rent. If I move into a transitional home, he can find a one bedroom for him and the cat. I'm estranged from most of my family, have very few friends and I feel like my life is at a standstill. The transitional place that did contact me has homes throughout MD and PA. Should I go through with this? I have nothing else to lose at this point.
Hulalady1992 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
unaluna

Thanks for this!
Skeezyks