Biba_yu

Member Since Apr 2016
48 hugs
given
Default Mar 04, 2021 at 04:32 AM

Thank you all for really nice words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunedOut View Post
Yes, sorry, you did mention that. I also take xanax (only .25 mg when I do because, yes, I agree, addiction is a real problem with this and using all of the time makes it less effective because we just build tolerance to it) and it works but I don't take it two nights in a row even if I am having trouble sleeping... However, I do find it less harmful to my brain than other things that help me sleep. I do think everyone reacts differently to medications though. Are you ruminating every night? I have found that some days I do and some I don't. Perhaps you are just reacting to a stressful life and you are more normal than you think? Anger is a normal reaction to be being bullied. Can you remove a stress in your life? Can you create space or detach from these bullies? Try not to blame yourself for what these bullies have said or done. That is on them. I do believe we reap what we sow and people who throw rocks sometimes can't handle when it happens to them and it eventually happens to all of us! I ask for strength in my prayers sometimes. Also, sometimes I sleep better when I program in more quiet time into my day. Maybe everyone has their own happy medium? Too little activity and we can't sleep; too much and we can't sleep; then there is the just right though sometimes we only have so much control over it all....

One last thought--perhaps I said too much! It is good to get our frustrations out but sometimes rehashing it makes it temporarily worse. I hope you can distract yourself from anything negative in your life. Try to focus on what is good even if it is just that you had food to eat today and shelter to protect you. Gratitude helps. I have seen other people say so and it has helped me as well.....
So true! I do get my frustrations out too much! And I think I don't ruminate every night, at least not in same proportions. It depends on how stressful day it was. I have a lot of problem with temper and anger management and socialization so I try to minimize contacts with people that could "trigger" me, but it's not always possible. Also, the news... We all know how devastating news can make you and you can't do anything to make those bad things any better. I think half of xanax or any benzo here and there makes less damage than being tense and miserable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966
I am sorry about you being bullied, it’s terrible.

As about being upset how the world runs. Although we might not be able to fix the world, we could make a lot of changes.

If littering is upsetting to you, organize a group that cleans up an area or you can do it alone. Lots of people do that. Clean up the neighborhood

If mistreatment of animals is a concern, plenty of animal shelters and animal welfare organizations will welcome your help.

I am disturbed by homelessness. I donate monthly to a homeless shelter. When I can I volunteer there. If you want to change the world, you should try to become that change. Otherwise it’s just a waste of time agonizing about it. Tell me what areas of humanity and world are upsetting to you and I’ll find ways for you to make a change. It could be free to you.

Change starts with us. When we are busy making changes and improving the world, we have less time to be angry about people who don’t make a change and less time to ruminate over stuff we cannot change
It's great you have homeless shelters and animal help in your country! We don't have that yet, I wish we did. We have real homeless people and people who pretend to be homeless to get money, which is awful because people are then suspicious or people who really need help! There is no organization that enables you to help them, or to help animals because country is poor and has to deal with economic disasters and political issues, which are a lot! From my side, I can't do much about littering alone, one thing I can do is feed stray animals and try not to get noticed. But even that could bite me back because, if number of strays gets too large, people might decide to kill them all. SO I feel like I am doing a damage by feeding them and getting them used to humans. I feel also very alone in this, because people are so worried about basic existence needs that they don't care about pollution or homeless or animals. Government is destroying all green areas for parking lots and malls no one needs and it's sometimes too much! Also, we don't have real measures for epidemics, so the situation here is tough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyCheeky
So Sorry that things are being hard! i completely agree with the wise and wonderful TunedOut and divine1966. Please do try to distract yourself a little bit with those things you've mentioned such as comics or movies. Praying and some relaxation exercises may be of help as well. Please do not give up and continue to seek therapy. Perhaps those doctors you've been seeing simply weren't a good fit? Sending many safe, warm hugs to BOTH you, @Biba_yu, your Family, your Friends and ALL of your Loved Ones! Keep fighting and keep rocking NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS, OK?!
Thank you! I used to do all that a lot, but my mind seems to be very distracted now and it's difficult to concentrate. I always had problems with attention span so I think I might have some form of ADD. And when I am stressed out, my attention span is zero! Chores help sometimes as they do not require too much thinking, also working out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker33
I wonder if you might be an empath who feels the pain of the entire world and all living creatures? I know that feeling, trust me!
You might want to look for various protection methods for empaths and highly sensitive people. Your aggression comes from too much empathy and compassion. It's a protective mechanism.

What might help is mindfulness.
Maybe, it is possible, but it's the worst thing in the world! I tried to work on mindfulness but I still didn't get how it works. Having possible ADD and impatience makes things more difficult. I think impatience is my worst enemy , was and still is.
Biba_yu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
TunedOut

Thanks for this!
TunedOut