View Single Post
The_little_didgee
Grand Magnate

Member Since Apr 2013
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 04, 2021 at 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha1too View Post
I can relate. I've been a member for almost 10 years, but stopped posting for a very long time. So long, in fact, that I forgot my old screen name & password, and had to start over with a new name & password. At one point I had almost 10,000 posts...which doesn't really matter, I guess.

I think the fact that activity has gone down is related to changes in technology more than anything. Communities like this are rapidly being replaced by Zoom, Skype, & other forms of tech media. This place was really buzzing a decade ago. That stated, however, I still appreciate this space as a support community. We can share our experiences in an attempt to help others.

Good luck with your move; it sounds like it's the right one. I've always lived in large urban areas, & the thought of living in more rural places makes me cringe. It's all a matter of what you're used to. Take care.

Did you ever figure out what your old screen name was? Maybe we interacted at one point?

This place was definitely a lot more busier when I signed up almost 8 years ago.

I never considered the effect Zoom and the like would have on a forum like this.

This city is small compared to the one I left. There are only 100 000 people here. It definitely feels rural. Public transit is lacking, so its hard to get anywhere, because I don't drive. There is GO Transit, but I avoid it due to the cost.

When I was a child I lived in a very small town in the middle of nowhere in northern Canada. The population was about 1000. I hated it, because there was no anonymity. I cannot return to that life. No way.

Hugs from:
Discombobulated