View Single Post
Merope
Veteran Member

Member Since Jan 2018
479 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 05, 2021 at 01:50 AM

Had one of those sessions where I felt like what came out of my mouth made no sense and was super trivial and silly. Kept worrying that T might think, “why is she wasting my time with this?”

I’ve had sessions where T and I didn’t connect as well as we could have before, but I felt particularly silly after this one. I know it’s normal to sometimes have sessions like these, especially when most other sessions are great and productive and deep and meaningful etc.

I might bring it up with T at our next appointment if I’m not able to let go of the disappointment before then. I just don’t know what came over me...I had been looking forward to the session all week.

If you experienced this before, how do you bounce back from it? I guess therapy is above else a relationship, and like in any relationship, there will be meaningful conversations and less meaningful conversations. I’m not surprised by that, I guess I’m just a bit miffed at how I was suddenly incapable of finding something important to explore. It felt like the minute I touched on something good, instead of going deeper, I simply changed the topic. Almost like
I expected him to read my mind.

Do you usually find yourself able to stick to one main topic in sessions, or do you jump around from one topic to the next? How do you organise your thoughts?! I find that even if I write stuff down, it’s hard to stick to a plan, even a vague one.
Merope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, captgut, LonesomeTonight, Lostislost, SalingerEsme, SlumberKitty