Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,280 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 05, 2021 at 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterPaul View Post
Oh, I don't care about researchers and their little brain-teasers. I just give you an example from my life. When I was fat/out of shape I had to put a lot of effort to meet some signs of attraction. Since I shaped up most of times I just have to say hi. My personality and confidence didn't change a bit.

Though I agree with the second part of your post. There are others many characteristics that play a major role, but if two guys are "equal" and one doesn't care about his looks, he looses. Life's harsh.

You're pretty by default, aren't you? Good looks is an achievement when you don't have it at the start. From proper haircuit, taking care of one's skin and facial hair (men) through one's dressing style up to working out and staying in shape. It takes time and effort.
I thought I was clear distinguishing between being well groomed/taking care of oneself and having good looks one was born with. What you describing is grooming and taking care of oneself, yes one can control it and that matters.

OP was talking about something that one cannot control like height and being rejected because of his height that he has zero control over. Same way people have no control over size of their nose or their eyes or other feature they were born with
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
AzulOscuro